Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ultrasound Frame

We have been hard at work on Brady's nursery, and it is finally finished!  I love the room so much, and am so proud of the way it turned out!  I have been adding little things here and there, and one thing I really wanted was a picture with Brady's ultrasound in it.  I had looked around online, but these frames are far from cheap!  They range anywhere from $20-$40, and we all know that I would NEVER spend that kind of money on something I can make!!

So, off to Garden Ridge I went... and I found a red frame that matched Brady's room for $2.99!!  I can work with that!!  If you haven't heard of "Mini Prints" yet, it is one of my favorite way to print pictures!  Any "Kodak" picture print machine is capable of printing them.  On the home screen, click the "collage" option, and choose Mini Prints.  You can print 2 pictures on a 4x6 print or 4 pictures or 9 pictures!!  The best part is... you get more than one picture for the price of 1 4x6!!  I printed 2 ultrasound pictures on a 4x6, so the cost of my picture was $.29 divided by 2!  It was about $.14 for this picture!!

I flipped the insert that comes in the frame around, taped Brady's picture in, and printed out "patiently waiting for... Brayden Reade Farrar" on Microsoft Word!  I matted the quote on blue scrapbook paper, and taped it under the picture... SO SIMPLE!

Total Cost $3.13
Frame $2.99
Picture $.14

I love the finished project, and love that it cost me next to nothing!!!

 - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment