Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Touch of Fall

Tonight we had dinner with our small group!  It was such a fun evening, and since we were only missing one couple, we had 12 adults and 8 kids! As you can imagine, that is a LOT of people, and figuring out where everyone was going to sit was a big task!  Meredith & Brad were kind enough to host the dinner, and she made the task of seating a LOT easier!  She decided that the women and the children could sit in the kitchen, and the men could sit in the dining room.  That was much easier than trying to set up the seating in couples, and the kids would all be in the kitchen with the booster seats and children's tables.  She called me and asked me to whip up some place cards for the women's table, so that we could make sure each mom had a place near their children!  I was happy to help, and of course excited to have another craft to work on!

I created a Word document and made text boxes with decorative edging and pretty fonts!  I typed every name into a text box and then printed the document on ecru card stock.

I used my paper slicer to cut everything out very quickly and I divided them into piles... Women, Girl Children, and Boy Children!

I picked out 3 different "Thanksgiving" themed pieces of scrapbook paper, and used my cutter to cut pieces that were 4"x3.5"... that was just slightly bigger that the width of the printed place cards.

Then I folded the paper in half and used "photo split" stickies to affix the printed place card.  They looked great when I was finished!  I ran out of time or I would have decorated them with ribbon and buttons... oh well!  Maybe next time!

They looked great, and served the purpose of helping people find their seats!!
Total Cost $0.00!!  I just love free projects!!  

 - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment