Sunday, November 6, 2011

Project Mod Podge

Since we purchased retired Pottery Barn Kids bedding for Brady, we are forced to look else where for coordinating "stuff" for his room.  There are several brands that I have taken a liking to, but nothing that I am IN LOVE with!
So, I am just pulling bits and pieces from different sets to make his room look finished!  I did the same thing in Abbie's room.  Nothing in her room is from the same set, but it all matches in color!

I looked yesterday at 2 different light switch plates, one from Target and one from CoCalo that I was looking at on Amazon.  I had almost decided to purchase the one at Target, but I just wasn't sold on it!  So, this morning... I had a bright idea!



I searched the internet for "sports scrapbook paper" and found an image that I loved!

I put the image in Word, and sized it big enough for the switch plate.  

Then I printed it out.  I layed the plate on the back of the image and traced it. 
I cut out the plate and the center hole for the switch.  


Then I took a little Mod Podge and coated the plate, and the back of the cut out image.  

I placed the image and continued the same on all of the sides!  I folded down the tiny corners that were left standing.

I dipped the screws into red paint so they would match, and let them dry.

I used a paper punch to push through the screw holes and mounted the plate to the wall!

I love the final product, and am so excited for the rest of this room to come together!!!  This may have taken me 15 minutes at the most... fast and easy, and free!!

Total Cost - $0.00!!!  I used the exsisting plate from the wall and printed the image.  I already had Mod Podge and a brush, so this cost me NOTHING!  That is my favorite type of project!!

 - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment