Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Bright Idea!

I love decorating a nursery!!  So, when we found out we were having a boy... I immediately starting swimming in all the ideas I had!!  I am no where close to being finished with his room, but it is definitely moving along!
As far as lighting in his room, there isn't much!  There is no overhead lighting, and I really like to have a large lamp and a small lamp in a nursery.  That way... you can have dim lighting or bright lighting!  So, I started brainstorming about what I wanted to do.  When we had our daughter, I bought ribbon and made a custom lamp shade that fit her room, and was unique!  I wanted to do the same for Brady, but ribbon isn't exactly "manly"!!  I came across an idea on pinterest (where else of course!!)  and I made it my own!
I bought a lampshade, and placed it on a lamp base to keep it secure.



 The shade cost me $14.99 as well as the base at Garden Ridge.  Much better than paying close to $50 for the one that matched his room!  I had 4 different things that I was debating putting on his walls in wall vinyl...

Our Prayer
"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my dreams are sweet.
Guide me safely through the night,
and wake me with the morning light."

(We had this in Abbie's nursery)
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.
Do you know how loved you are?

Love you Forever
I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living, my 
baby you'll be.

Something I found online...
Read me a story.
Tuck me in tonight,
Say a sweet prayer, and kiss me goodnight.


So, I decided to take a black sharpie marker, and write these on his lamp shade!  I printed all of the saying's out on the computer... 

cut them out, plugged in the lamp, and taped the sayings to the inside.  Then I basically had a projection, and I was able to trace the saying's onto the lamp shade! 

I used a red sharpie to put 3 "cross stitch" x's after each saying.  His bedding has red cross stitching accents, so I thought it would help it blend into the room!!


I am really excited with the way it turned out!!


Total cost of this project... $30

 - Jessica

2 comments: