Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gearing up for Christmas...

As you can probably tell, I am super excited about Christmas!  I have been planning and trying to come up with some ideas to implement this year, so that they can be our "tradition" for years to come!  I have come up with 2 ideas, that I am pretty excited about!!

Our first tradition will be Santa Bags

The small bags are $19 from Pottery Barn Kids, and I will have my kids names put on their bags.  Each bag will have 3 "big" presents in it from Santa.  When I say "big", I really mean the ackward presents that everyone has trouble wrapping!!  We write up a Christmas list for our kids, and then pick 3 items to be called the "Santa" items.  We will use this opportunity to bring the story of Jesus into Christmas.  The 3 wise men brought Jesus 3 presents, which is why you get 3 presents from Santa.  We will give them the rest of their Christmas from "Mommy & Daddy".  I think it takes some of the "Santa focus" off of Christmas, and puts the focus where it should be.  The gifts that are in the bag will not be wrapped, so that they will feel different from our "Mommy & Daddy" gifts!


Our second tradition is going to be "Breakfast in our Stockings".

Instead of gifts in the kids stockings, you will find the ingredients for their favorite breakfast!  Boxed cereal (yes the sugary kind... its Christmas!!), fruit, granola bars, pancake mix, I could go on and on!  The possibilities are endless!  I love the idea of not having to buy "gifts" for the stockings.  We will open stockings last and start working on breakfast!  I just love this idea!!


I just love Christmas, after all... "Its the most wonderful time of the year"!!

 - Jessica

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome ideas. I love it! You are so crafty Jessica. Love you and am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete