Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fix-a-Chair

It has been a LONG time since I posted on this blog!  However, I did a simple project today, that I thought was worthy of a post here! 

A few months ago, I ordered a table and chair set from IKEA for my daughter's playroom!  It has been a great little table and chair set, the only issue with it is... it isn't really "adult friendly"!!  My husband and I were both aware of this, but one day a couple of weeks ago, he had a momentary lapse of memory and forgot this little detail!  The chair seat broke ( I chose not to take a picture, as it was a little embarrassing to him!!), and I thought I was going to throw out the chair.  While Abbie could still sit on the chair, there were parts of it that seemed a little "sharp", and I didn't want to risk a cut down the back of her leg!  So, I came up with an idea, that worked like a charm!

I took the chair apart, and pulled the "seat" out.  I had a memory foam mattress pad that we had cut into many pieces (my son's crib, the pack and play... LONG STORY!!!) and I had a few pieces left.  I cut the memory foam to fit on top of the seat, and used spray adhesive to set it in place. 

Then I took some extra fabric I had lying around, and cut a cover.  I wrapped the fabric around the seat, and pushed the seat back into place.  I put the chair back together and BAM... fix-a-chair!!!  Since the seat had to slide into slots cut for it... the fabric is held into place tightly!  I trimmed off the extra fabric below the chair, and I think they look adorable!
Table Set BEFORE
Table Set AFTER



















COST OF THIS PROJECT - $0.00
I had everything needed in my craft stash!

 - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment