Sunday, March 11, 2012

Leftovers, Use Them or Lose Them??

Some people are very funny about eating leftovers.  In our house however, we definitely USE leftovers!  I am a menu planner, and I write leftovers into the menu plan!  I can't imagine what our grocery budget would be if we threw away our leftovers!  However, there are some people out there... who just don't want to eat leftover food!

When I planning my menu, I have one lunch item that I MUST add to the plan!  My mom introduced me to it, and it is so easy to make... who wouldn't love it!  Last night I made a Chicken Tator Bake Casserole (OH SOOOOO YUMMY!!!  Thank you Kristen Reynolds for introducing me to it!!  Recipe Below) and I cooked 3 chicken breasts.  The recipe only calls for 3 cups of cubed chicken, so I put the leftover cubed chicken in to the fridge... I had BIG PLANS for this chicken!!!
Today, I ate an early dinner, thanks to Spring Forward (I have never liked springing forward!), and I decided it was the night to use the chicken!

BBQ Chicken Pizza is the item on my plan that I <3 so much!  It is SOOOO easy to make, and SOOOO delicious!  You only need 4 ingredients (5 if you want to add bacon), and about 5 minutes before it is ready to eat!!  Pitas, BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, and shredded cheese!!

The instructions for making this are pretty dummy proof!!  Even I can't mess this one up! 
Take a pita and top with BBQ sauce, add chicken, top with cheese, and stick it in the toaster oven.

It is seriously ready in about 2 minutes!  I keep pita's on hand, just in case we plan to have left over chicken!!  However, I have also made these with chicken lunch meat when I had no left over chicken!!!

YUM... may make another one for lunch tomorrow :)

 - Jessica

1 comment: